200g digestive biscuits, finely crushed
90g unsalted butter melted
300g philadelphia cream cheese
300ml double cream (lightly whipped)
- Lightly grease a 8inch springform cake tin or a mousse ring with butter. Put the crushed biscuits in a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix till combined. Press mixture over base of the tin evenly. Refrigerate while you make the cheesecake.
- Melt the 200g of toblerone chocolate over a bain-marie (water bath) or double boiler
- In another bowl mix philadelaphia cheese until its smooth. Pour the melted chocolate into the creamcheese.
- Mix till combined.
- Pour in the lightly whipped cream and fold in gently until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared biscuit base.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the biscuit base with a palette knife.
- I am a bit of a perfectionist so I do pay more attention at this stage. Just by spending a couple of more minutes smoothing out the surface, it will make a lot of difference to the look of your end result. When you think the top is smooth and even refrigerate for at least 5 hours, ideally over night.
- De-mould the cheesecake.
Cut into 12 pieces and place a piece of Toblerone onto each cheesecake and serve. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed my first recipe post. Do let me know how you got on. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments.
New version of a old favourite! June 2015
Toblerone and Oreo Cheesecake!
If you love Toblerone and Oreos then you must try this! Use the same ingredients above and add a packet of cut up pieces of Oreos into the mixture after you've mixed in the cream.
I used chocolate filling Oreos with this one.