I was so happy when I put this simple, yummy cheesecake recipe together, couldn't wait to share this with you all! Hope you will like this recipe as much as I do!
I came up with this recipe, all to do with the unopened jar of Nutella which has been in my cupboard for the past 6 months. I knew if it continues to stay there, I will just end up opening the jar and start eating it with a spoon! Haha yes i'm that bad! So I thought maybe I can make a cheesecake with it and i'm so glad that I did! It's my new favourite cheesecake recipe now. Quick and easy to make and simply delicious!
2 packets Oreos (154g packets)
80 grams unsalted butter (melted)
400 grams philadelphia cream cheese (full fat)
300 ml double cream or whipping cream (lightly whipped)
300 grams Nutella
2 tablespoons of cold water
2 teaspoons of gelatin
12 Ferrero Rocher (optional) Or use some fresh fruit to decorate
- Lightly grease a 8 inch springfoam tin or a mousse ring with unsalted butter. Remove the fillings of the Oreos. Discard the filling. Finely crush the Oreo biscuit and put them in a bowl. Add in the melted butter and mix till well combined. Lightly press the mixture over the greased tin evenly. Refrigerate while you make the cheesecake mixture.
- Put the 2 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl, add in the gelatin and place the bowl into a saucepan of simmering water (water bath) but make sure the water in the saucepan doesn't bubble into your bowl of gelatin. When the gelatin have dissolved, turn off heat and set aside until needed.
- In a large bowl whip the philadelphia cheese until smooth. Add the Nutella and whip till its well combined.
- Add in the dissolved gelatin and mix well (gelatin should be like liquid, if it has turned into jelly heat it back in the saucepan.
- In another small bowl whip the cream till soft peaks (make sure not to over whip the cream) Gently fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture till combined and pour into the prepared biscuit base. Spread and smooth out the mixture evenly with a palette knife.
- Chill for 4-5 hours, ideally overnight.
Un-mould the cheesecake and cut into 12 equal pieces. Place a Ferrero Rocher on top of each slice or decorate with some fresh fruits.
Light, smooth and creamy!