Another simple and easy cheesecake to make. I love Cookies & Cream flavour ice-cream especially Haagen-Dazs and this taste just like it but a cheesecake version!
3 x 154g packet Oreo
Mini Oreos for decorating
75 grams unsalted butter (melted)
300 grams cream cheese (room temperature)
300 ml double cream (or whipping cream)
150 grams white chocolate
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon gelatine
- Lightly grease a 8 or 9 inch springform cake tin or a mousse ring with butter.
- Remove the filling of some of the Oreos until you get 200grams of just biscuits to use for the base. Discard the filling. Finely crush them and put them in a bowl. Add the melted butter and mixed till combined. Press mixture over base of the tin evenly. Refrigerate while you make the cheesecake mixture.
- With the rest of the Oreos cut them up into small pieces.
- Put the tablespoon of cold water in a small bowl and add in the teaspoon of gelatine and place the bowl in a small saucepan of simmering water till the gelatine dissolves.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie or double boiler.
- In a large bowl whisk the cream cheese till smooth. Add in the gelatine and melted chocolate and mix till smooth and combined.
- In a smaller bowl lightly whip the cream till it forms soft peaks (make sure not to oover whip) Then gently fold into the cream cheese mixture and mix till combined.
- Stir in the pieces of Oreos then pour the mixture over the prepared biscuit base.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the biscuit base with a palette knife until its smooth and even. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, ideally over night.
Remove the cheesecake from the tin and cut into 12 pieces and place a Oreo on top of each slice.
Take the cheesecake out of the fridge and leave for 15-30 minutes before serving .
I would love to know how you all got on with the recipe. Enjoy! xx